If there is a problem with any of the items in your order then please contact Suddenly Books via email or over the phone as soon as possible.
If you have received a product that is incorrect, damaged or faulty we require notification within 2 business days from the time the delivery was made. Suddenly Books will require evidence of the issue and may require you to return the item for assessment.
Our policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately, we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
All returns must be packed securely with cardboard or bubble wrap protecting the item, packed to prevent movement inside the package and ensure the package is firmly enclosed.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
Change of mind
Suddenly books do not provide refunds or exchanges for incorrect choice or change of mind for online purchases.
Suddenly Books do not provide refunds or exchanges for artist paints under the following circumstances.
- Incorrect Colour Choice
- Dinted, bent, or damaged labels on the tube
- Change of mind
The condition to the paint container or tube is not considered a sufficient reason for a refund or exchange. If there are any issues with the paint itself, you must contact Suddenly Books within 2 days to negotiate an exchange. Exchanges will be made for exact colour and brand only.
Suddenly Books do not provide refunds or exchanges for artist Pastels under the following circumstances.
- Incorrect Colour Choice
- Pastels Cracked or broken during shipping
- Torn, creased or damaged labels
- Change of mind
If there are any issues with the quality of the Pastel itself, you must contact Suddenly Books within 2 days to negotiate an exchange. Exchanges will be made for exact colour and brand only.
Customers are eligible for a refund if the item or items:
- Has a fault that the customer did not know about at the time of purchase
- Does not do the job that the customer was led to believe it would do
Under these circumstances, customers may negotiate with staff so an appropriate solution is found such as repair, replacement or refund.
When are customers not entitled to a refund?
- When they changed their mind about a product. This includes when a customer has found a cheaper product elsewhere, has bought a gift that is unsuitable, or their circumstances have changed and they no longer require the goods.
- If they knew or should have known about a fault when the goods were bought, for example as seconds or remaindered items/titles.
- If they are unable to prove from whom and when the item was purchased.
Items ineligible for return
Several types of goods are exempt from being returned. Perishable goods such as food, flowers, newspapers or magazines cannot be returned. We also do not accept products that are intimate or sanitary goods, hazardous materials, or flammable liquids or gases.
Additional non-returnable items:
* Gift cards
* Downloadable software products
* Some health and personal care items
Proof of Purchase
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.
Please do not send your purchase back to the manufacturer.
There is no time limit for the return of goods which meet the criteria listed above under ‘When are customers entitled to a refund’.
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.
Late or missing refunds (if applicable)
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.
Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
Next, contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To return your product, you should mail your product to 217/270 Canterbury rd, Forest Hill, VIC, 3131, Australia.
You are entitled to return a product if there is a problem. You are responsible for returning the product if it can be posted or easily returned. You are entitled to recover reasonable postage or transportation costs from Suddenly Books if the product is confirmed to have a problem, so keep your receipts.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you may vary.
If you are shipping an item over $75, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
Extract from the ACCC website regarding Information on Refunds and Replacements
Replacements and refunds
You can ask for a replacement or refund if the problem with the product is major.
Replaced products must be of an identical type to the product originally supplied. Refunds should be the same amount you have already paid, provided in the same form as your original payment.
The business may take into account how much time has passed since you bought the product considering the following factors:
- type of product
- how a consumer is likely to use the product
- the length of time for which it is reasonable for the product to be used
- the amount of use it could reasonably be expected to tolerate before the failure becomes noticeable.
For a major problem with services you can cancel the contract and obtain a refund or seek compensation for the drop in value of your services provided compared to the price paid.
What is a major problem?
A product or good has a major problem when:
- it has a problem that would have stopped someone from buying it if they’d known about it
- it is significantly different from the sample or description
- it is substantially unfit for its common purpose and can’t easily be fixed within a reasonable time
- it doesn’t do what you asked for and can’t easily be fixed within a reasonable time; or
- it is unsafe.
For more information regarding your rights please visit the ACCC website.